Monday, February 5, 2018

18 and counting...

Fun story: I've lost 18 pounds.
More fun: In 1 month.
Crazy fun: I eat more...and I still eat ice-cream and donuts. "Shut up!" It's true.
Am I about to pitch a once in a life-time quick diet trick for you to join in on with me too?
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!
Now that you know that the following information isn't going to be a waste of your time, I can get to the really good stuff. I haven't just shed pounds. Inches have melted away. I have muscles without flexing...shhh....it's top secret info. My enemies cannot know.
Then comes the fun part!
"What diet are you on?" "What have you changed?" "What's working?" "How can I do what you do?"
I remember asking all the same questions, and I have come to some very interesting answers this time around. Simply put...NO MORE GUILT! None. I eat a donut. So what? It's just a donut. I eat an apple. So what? It's just an apple.
One of the hardest things for me in life has always been to find balance. There were moments that I had found it, but I couldn't break through because the GUILT would pull me back so fast that I'd be putting out fires on my clothing and the smoke would linger for days. I'd sit in a dark cloud and stew. Putting myself down. Over and over again. Finding balance requires discipline. Discipline is something that can be taught and learned over time. Guilt is something that you either choose to carry with you or throw it out. I chose to carry it with me like an armor.
Guilt has a knack for keeping you immobile. If you don't move, everything can stay the same. God didn't create this world without an innate plan to have it constantly changing. Not only do things move and change on the earth, the earth itself moves and changes. The universe around it moves and changes. Guilt keeps you grounded in fear and keeps you from moving and changing.
My guilt led to fear and fear wouldn't let me move. I finally said to myself take some baby steps. Don't dive in and find excuses to stop again. Just take one baby step. Make one small change. OK. Now, take one more baby step. You GOT this! One more. YES! ...that's it. I haven't taken anymore yet. I've just taken a few small steps. I have many more to go. MANY...but just ONE at a time.

Truth time: I started doing this all by MYself.*
More truth: It wasn't until the 3rd baby step I mentioned above that I asked God to help me trust Him.
Crazy truth: It's easier for me to trust myself. I grew up that way. "I got this."
My truth: Without God. I will choose guilt again. I will slip into fear again.
Scary truth: With God. I will choose guilt again. I will slip into fear again.
I get discouraged by people who say things like, "We are His temple so we must take care of our bodies." "With Christ all things are possible." "He will never leave you nor forsake you." These are all from the Bible. Be honest. Did that just ring as guilt in your heart?? "Are you telling me that I'm defiling God's temple because I'm fat." "If all things are possible..." "...has God forsaken me." "Why can't I do this one thing and succeed?" See.
I love my church family in every part of the world...but...*sigh*...sometimes our "good intentions" rip people to shreds. What you wanted to say to encourage someone, to give them hope, only gave them GUILT. Guilt in their eyes and guilt before God. Your nuggets of love...were hidden words of judgement.
So...today I came across this, "Dig deeper to find out how to love yourself enough to cherish health. Plan better. Forgive faster. Get the healthy life you deserve." Want to know how I read it? "DIG DEEPER. LOVE YOURSELF. FORGIVE. YOU DESERVE." No matter what shape or size or color or age or height. Please know that you are WORTHY to live a guilt-free life. Once you take just one teeny tiny step...your world will be changed forever. Also, this is very important! That small step better not be something someone TOLD you to do. Let it come from within, when you dig deep down. Don't be a follower of others. I have found that people I tried to follow were in worse health than I was. Don't make that mistake. Listen to the inner most being of yourself. I'll be waiting to see what life has in store for you.

You can always email me with any questions, thoughts, comments: lisavikprik@gmail.com

To close, I am taking it one step at a time. It feels so good to not be carrying guilt. I am praying that the guilt stays far away. I hope to keep moving forward and forever changing.

*all by myself - Celine Dion's song sung by Bridget Jones in a movie about her personal diary.
*sigh* - was just a sigh.

No comments: